Crock Pot Chocolate Peanut Clusters
Crock Pot Chocolate Peanut Clusters (simplyhappyfoodie.com)
I don't know about you but I love my Crock Pot! They are magical little devices where I can dump many ingredients...walk away and BAM! I get a meal. They are so magical that my friend's Husband calls her Crock Pot Witch Majic! I hope you enjoy this recipe. It is crazy easy and something that can easily be done with the family over the holidays. Maybe even make a tasty treat or gift for someone you appreciate.
2 lbs White Melting Chocolate (White Almond Bark or Candy Coating)
4 oz Sweet Baking Chocolate (such as German by Baker's)
2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
16 oz Salted Dry Roasted Peanuts
8 oz Unsalted Dry Roasted Peanuts
8 oz Cocktail Peanuts
1. Line your kitchen counter with parchment, or 3 baking sheets with parchment (this recipe makes a lot!).
2. In a 5 qt or larger slow cooker, add the white melting chocolate, sweet baking chocolate, and semi sweet chocolate chips. Put the lid on and set to LOW for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally (you will want to check it to make sure it is not burning).
3. When the chocolates are all soft and melted enough, stir to combine them.
4. Add all of the nuts to the crock pot and stir them in well. Put the lid on and switch to Warm, or turn off the slow cooker (but leave the crock in the housing to stay warm).
5. Use an ice cream scoop or a Tablespoon, depending on how large you want your peanut clusters, to scoop small mounds onto the parchment paper. After you have used all of the mixture, Rinse your crock with hot water.
6. The candies will take about an hour to really set. When they are set, transfer to an air tight container. These keep well for a week or so, and are wonderful to give as gifts!
The Best Ever Peanut Brittle
The Best Ever Microwave Peanut Brittle
The holidays and winter always have m running for the sticky sweet treats and peanut brittle is one of my all-time favorites! This recipe comes from Julie's Treats and is as tasty as it is easy to make. I hope you enjoy making this for you and your family!
1 c sugar
1/2 c. corn syrup
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 c. unsalted peanuts
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
Combine sugar, syrup and salt in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes on high. Stir in peanuts. Microwave 3 to 5 more minutes, stirring after 3 minutes. Microwave until syrup and peanuts are light brown. Stir in butter, vanilla and baking soda until light and foamy. Spread on buttered cookie sheet. Cool and break.
Creative Learning Society is a Team Building company. We believe in the power of "Play" and strive to build a platform of education built on creativity, fun and knowlege growth!